Auto Insurance

  • Auto Insurance

    Do you know it's the law?

    The Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law requires all owner/registrants of a motor vehicle with four wheels or more to carry a minimum of $10,000 of Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and $10,000 of property damage liability (PDL) if you own a motor vehicle in Florida. Florida law requires you to maintain PIP/PDL insurance continuously throughout the licensing and registration period.
  • Auto Insurance

    Our commitment:

    Our commitment is to assist our clients in understanding what factors are important in choosing the proper auto coverage. We want to make certain our clients reduce their personal financial exposure and maintain the best protection possible. All states have auto insurance requirements and they require proof of responsibility. Understanding your car insurance policy and coverage limits, you will be able to make a more intelligent buying decision.
    Many factors including your driving record and insurance history affect the type of insurance policy that is available to our clients. If you have a driving record that is free of accidents, moving violations or points and you have been insured in the past, you will likely qualify for standard auto insurance coverage. Generally, if you haven't had insurance, or have a less-than-perfect driving record, you can still qualify for auto insurance. This type of insurance is known as non-standard auto insurance.
  • PIP & Medical

    • Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
      Florida is a no-fault insurance state. This means that each person's insurance will cover his own injuries and damages, regardless of who is at fault for the accident. This no-fault insurance status does not dismiss individuals from carrying insurance, as it is a state-mandated coverage. Florida maintains its no-fault status to reduce the number of small claims suits. Since every Floridian insurance carrier pays the injuries and damages for its own policyholders, the policyholders are less likely to litigate against one another for minor injuries and damages. As a result, accident litigation is generally reserved for extensive injuries and damages that exceed the coverage limits of the policy or that result from gross negligence.
      PIP, or personal injury protection, provides a maximum of $10,000 for injuries that are incurred during an accident. This protection provides coverage for the driver of the vehicle, as well as the driver's passengers. This personal injury protection coverage provides protection for all drivers that are listed on the insurance policy. Since the coverage is no-fault, there is no delay in the coverage's payout because the coverage can be used even while the accident is under investigation.
    • Medical Payments
      Auto medical payments can protect you differently from your auto liability coverage or your health insurance policy. Most auto insurance policies offer a type of coverage called Medical Payments, often abbreviated as Med Pay. Depending on the company, you can usually purchase it in amounts such as $1,000, $5,000, $10,000, $25,000 or $50,000 per person, per accident. Should you be injured in a collision, Med Pay coverage pays for medical expenses (and funeral costs, if necessary) resulting from the accident for you and for all of your passengers. It also pays for you or your family members who may be injured while riding in someone else's car or while walking.

Liability & Coverages

  • Personal liability
    Settles claims for bodily injury and property damage to others caused by your actions and/or negligence.
  • Medical payments
    Covers for other's medical expenses resulting from an accident on your property. This coverage on your renter's insurance policy will not apply to you or regular residents of your household.
  • Bodily Injury Liability
    Coverage applies to injuries the insured, designated driver or policyholder cause to someone else. Family members listed on the policy are also covered when driving someone else's car with their permission.
  • Property Damage Liability
    This auto insurance coverage pays for damage you or someone driving the car with your permission may cause to someone else's property. It includes damage to lamp posts, telephone poles, fences, buildings or other structures your car hits.
  • Collision Coverage
    This coverage pays for damage to your car resulting from a collision with another car or object or as a result of flipping over. It also covers damage caused by "pot holes".
  • Comprehensive Coverage
    This coverage reimburses you for loss due to theft or damage caused by something other than a collision with another car or object. Damage might be caused by fire, falling objects, earthquakes, windstorms, hail, floods, vandalism, or contact with animals such as birds or deer.
  • Loss of use
    Provides reimbursement up to the limit specified on the policy for additional living expenses resulting from being unable to live in your home.
  • Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage
    This coverage reimburses you, a member of your family or a designated driver if one of you is hit by an uninsured or hit-and-run driver. This coverage will also protect you if you're hit as a pedestrian.